Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Baby's 1st Birthday

The first year...

It goes by so fast.

One day, I'm being handed this little bundle of warmth who needs me for EVERYTHING.
The next, I'm watching him walk around, smiling and babbling.

(Sorry for the picture quality there...catching him walking at that time was a bit like capturing Bigfoot on camera.)

So much changes in that first year...and that's why I just love first birthdays. It's a huge milestone. 

I've made many cakes for kids, and Mickey Mouse is a popular theme. While I just love Mickey Mouse, and so does Dexter, he also loves a show on PBS called "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood."
It's a sweet little cartoon, based on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, and Mr. Rogers was a big part of my childhood. 

I had an idea for Dexter's cake, but I was worried that it wouldn't turn out the way I imagined it. Much to my delight, it did!
Daniel Tiger sits atop TheNeighborhood of Make Believe.
Complete with King Friday's castle...
Lady Elaine Fairchilde's Museum-Go-Round...
Daniel Striped Tiger's Grandmother Clock...
The Magical Tree occupied by X the Owl and Henrietta Pussycat...
And of course...the famous red Trolley...

Then, there was the coordinating smash cake...
...and Daniel Tiger cake pops...
He was a bit confused by the candle.
But he thoroughly enjoyed the cake (carrot cake).
 Nothing's better than watching a baby realize he can eat a cake with his hands.
I'm fairly certain he would have eaten the whole cake if I would have let him.

Two layers allows for two flavors: carrot cake and chocolate cake. My diet started the next day.




Happy Birthday to my sweet little beautiful baby, Dexter.

1 comment:

  1. What food color combo did you do to create the color for Daniel? Getting ready to do a Daniel cake myself!

    ReplyDelete